Last update of this page: September 6, 2021, 7:57 am ET
The map below, provides the current locations of the Voyage Communities, each with an installed Voyage exhibition, or an exhibition in fabrication. The map also provides the locations of those Emerging Sites that have submitted or are working on their formal Implementation Plans. Explore Voyage in these communities using the links below the map.
You can also view the network of Voyage Communities on a larger map.
ORIGINAL VOYAGE (MARK I) COMMUNITIES – 2001-2009
Main Exhibition – Voyage on the National Mall (Original Mark I Exhibition)
Voyage in Washington, DC – the National Mall
Voyage Communities – Mark I Exhibition (installed and operational)
1. Kansas City, MO (along Baltimore Avenue)
2. Corpus Christi, TX (along seawall, Corpus Christi Bay)
3. Houston, TX (Space Center Houston)
VOYAGE NEXT GENERATION (MARK II) COMMUNITIES – 2021 to present
On January 13, 2021, the National Center for Earth and Space Science Education re-launched the Voyage National Program with the announcement of a next generation exhibition – the Voyage Mark II. The communities exploring and installing the new exhibition are the Voyage Next Generation Communities.
These communities fall into the three categories listed below, and each community has a dedicated webpage on this site.
Voyage Communities – Mark II Exhibition (installed and operational)
none at the current time
Voyage Communities in Progress – Mark II Exhibition (in fabrication queue)
1. Boulder, CO (lead: University of Colorado Boulder, in fabrication)
2. Palo Alto, CA (lead: Palo Alto Junior Museum & Zoo, in fabrication)
1. Jonesboro, AR (Lead: Arkansas State University)
2. Ocala, FL (lead: College of Central Florida)
3. Chalmette, LA (lead: Nunez Community College)
4. Lake Charles, LA (lead: Region 5 STEM Center, Calcasieu Parish School Board)
5. Dover, NH (lead: City of Dover)
6. Troy, NY (lead: Hudson Valley Community College)
7. Broken Arrow, OK (lead: Broken Arrow Public Schools)
8. Watertown, SD (lead: Lake Area Technical College)
9. Memphis, TN (lead: Department of Physics and Materials Science at The University of Memphis)
10. Spokane, WA (lead: Spokane Falls Community College)
Voyage Emerging Sites – Mark II Exhibition (submitting Implementation Plan)
1. Sarasota, FL (leads: Sarasota County Schools / SANCA @ Nathan Benderson Park)
2. Youngstown, OH (lead: OHWOW! The Jones Children’s Center for Science & Technology)
3. Columbia, SC (lead: Richland County School District One)
4. Brownsville, TX (lead: South Texas Astronomical Society)