Last update of this page: February 1, 2022, 1:00 pm ET
The map below provides the locations of the current Voyage Communities, each with an installed Voyage exhibition, and Voyage Communities in Progress, with an exhibition currently under contract and in fabrication. The map also provides the locations of those Voyage Emerging Sites that are not yet under contract, but have either submitted or are working on their formal Implementation Plans. Explore Voyage in these communities using the links below the map. Each community has a dedicated webpage with information about the lead and partner institutions, a community overview, the location of the exhibition, and Preliminary Site Maps showing how the exhibition lays out on Google Earth images of the community.
You can also view the network of Voyage Communities on a larger map.
ORIGINAL VOYAGE (MARK I) COMMUNITIES – 2001-2009
Main Exhibition – Voyage on the National Mall (Original Mark I Exhibition)
Voyage in Washington, DC – the National Mall
Voyage Communities – Mark I Exhibition (installed and operational)
1. Kansas City, MO (along Baltimore Avenue)
2. Corpus Christi, TX (along seawall, Corpus Christi Bay)
3. Houston, TX (Space Center Houston)
VOYAGE NEXT GENERATION (MARK II) COMMUNITIES – 2021 to present
On January 13, 2021, the National Center for Earth and Space Science Education re-launched the Voyage National Program with the announcement of a next generation exhibition – the Voyage Mark II. The communities exploring and installing the new exhibition are the Voyage Next Generation Communities.
These communities fall into the three categories listed below, and each community has a dedicated webpage on this site.
Voyage Communities – Mark II Exhibition (installed and operational)
1. Boulder, CO (lead: University of Colorado Boulder)
none at the current time
Voyage Communities in Progress – Mark II Exhibition (in fabrication)
1. Palo Alto, CA (lead: Palo Alto Junior Museum & Zoo)
1. Jonesboro, AR (Lead: Arkansas State University)
2. Ocala, FL (lead: College of Central Florida)
3. Chalmette, LA (lead: Nunez Community College)
4. Lake Charles, LA (lead: Region 5 STEM Center, Calcasieu Parish School Board)
5. Dover, NH (lead: City of Dover)
6. Troy, NY (lead: Hudson Valley Community College)
7. Broken Arrow, OK (lead: Broken Arrow Public Schools)
8. Watertown, SD (lead: Lake Area Technical College)
9. Memphis, TN (lead: Department of Physics and Materials Science at The University of Memphis)
10. Spokane, WA (lead: Spokane Falls Community College)
none at the current time
Voyage Emerging Sites – Mark II Exhibition (submitting Implementation Plan)
1. Pottstown, PA (lead: Montgomery County Community College)